Patient Participation Group
Our current Patient Participation Group (PPG) meets throughout the year and enables patients’ voices to be heard and acted upon. It offers an opportunity to meet regularly and provided a two-way communication between patients and practice staff, helping the Practice to improve services to patients.
Join our PPG
If you would like to contribute to improving the services we offer our patients please consider joining the Patient Participation Group. New members are welcome at any time. You do not need to be able to attend any of the meetings we hold, you can be a ‘virtual’ group member. As a virtual member you will still receive the meeting papers and you can provide your feedback outside of the meetings.
If you are interested in joining the group either as a virtual member or to attend the meetings we would like to hear from you.
Please contact Rebecca Liszka for further details
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS TAKING
GABAPENTIN OR PREGABALIN
From the 1st April 2019 gabapentin and pregabalin will be reclassified as Schedule 3 Controlled Drugs
What does this mean for me?
Prescriptions for controlled drugs should be written for a maximum of one month’s supply.
- Controlled drugs cannot currently be sent to Community Pharmacies electronically so a paper prescription may need to be printed for gabapentin or pregabalin. Other medication that is not a controlled drug can still be sent to the pharmacy electronically. When collecting your medication from the pharmacy, please check that you have everything you ordered as the pharmacy may now receive your prescriptions separately.
- Prescriptions for controlled drugs must be presented at the pharmacy within 28 days of the prescription date.
- Gabapentin or pregabalin will no longer be allowed as repeat dispensing (batch prescriptions) and will need to be issued monthly from your GP surgery as a paper prescription. Other medication can continue to be supplied as repeat dispensing if you wish.
- **Depending on practice policy you may wish to include the following:**
- If you collect your prescription from the surgery you will be asked to sign for it.
- Due to controlled drug regulations, if you lose your prescription for gabapentin or pregabalin we may not be able to issue a replacement.
Castle St Re-Opening Event
On Thursday 24 January we held a small re-opening event with colleagues, patients and volunteers to celebrate the successful completion of the surgery re-fit. Prem Singh, the Trust's Chairman, gave a touching speech acknowledging the accomplishment. Prem and Dr Alex Carberry then did an honorary ribbon cutting.
New Carers' Support Group
We are looking to start a new Carers' Support Group. Please contact the reception team to register your interest in participating with the group.
Latest Practice Newsletter
Our Winter 2018 Practice Newsletter is available here.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
Early Morning Non-Urgent Appointments
We offer early morning non-urgent GP appointments every Monday and Tuesday between 7:30 and 8:30am specifically for workers and those who find it difficult to attend the practice during core hours. These appointments are also available to book online.
As a patient at Castle St you may be able to use the extended access appointments available at Barlborough Medical Practice (at Barlborough and Renishaw), The Springs Medical Partnership, or Welbeck Road Health Centre. Information about why extended access is happening and what it should mean for patients is available here: https://www.england.nhs.uk/gp/gpfv/redesign/improving-access/
Please note: you will still remain registered with Castle St and your existing access will not be affected. This service is available in addition to the current GP Practice services provided.
The 3 Practices providing this service on behalf of Castle St and other participating practices are:
•The Springs Medical Partnership: Staying open until 8pm Mon and Tues.
•Barlborough Medical Practice: Open Saturday Morning 8am – 11.30am.
•Welbeck Road Bolsover: Staying open until 8pm Wed and Thurs.
•Friday evening appointments (until 8pm) will be provided on a rolling basis.
•DHU: Will provide the service on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Please note that extended access appointments are available by pre-booking only - this can be done via the reception team at Castle St.
Please be assured that the 9 Practices have signed an Information Sharing Agreement which governs the appropriate use of patient data in order to provide Health Care Services. Existing confidentiality clauses ensure that all employees access data appropriately and in a fully audited manner.